Creating inspiring spaces that meet your needs. Garden design is a client centred process for us as and is all about creating an environment that meets your needs both practically and aesthetically.
When approaching a commission the first stage will be to talk through your requirements as well as getting a feeling for your likes and dislikes. On the basis of this and an assessment of the site we will come up with an outline plan that will prompt further discussion and exploration of the possibilities for your garden.
- Child friendly gardens Areas for playing but also spaces for calm and contemplation
- Low maintenance gardens. This is often a requirement as our clients who often love plants and gardens but have not got the time to commit to maintenance
- Wildlife friendly gardens: many of our clients want their gardens to be habitats that encourage wildlife and include native planting. We have particular experience of developing naturalistic planting, wildflower meadows, wildlife ponds and orchards
- Green Roofs: we have designed planting for green roofs on garden sheds and whole houses using appropriate species with low water demand and wildlife benefits.
- Specialist gardens. We have been involved in gardens in unusual environments, for example, in exposed maritime environments where plants need to be wind and salt tolerant but where there is the opportunity for more exotic half hardy plants, such as in the coastal areas of Devon.
- Sustainable Design: we have always had a strong emphasis on minimizing the impact of garden design as well as going as far as we can in terms of making gardens that contribute to bidiversity. We have experience with using non-treated timber that is still durable and beautiful, locally sourced materials in terms of stone and timber and the use of local provenance seeds and natural regeneration.